The Student News Site of Steilacoom High School

The Sentinel Sound

The Sentinel Sound

The Sentinel Sound

Dune II: Dune of Arrakis

Creative Commons
    “Dune Part Two, 2024 – 2.5 stars” by devilgate is licensed under CC BY BY-NC-SA 2.0. To view a copy of this license, visit https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.0/?ref=openverse

Legendary Pictures followed up their highly successful film, “Dune”, which garnered a grand $406 million dollars in the box office with the sequel, “Dune: Part 2”. Directed by Denis Villenueve, the sequel is a clear continuation of the first film, adding to the grand narrative of this world and planet, and while the film speaks heavily on modern conflict over government ruling of land, it doesn’t bog down the film’s action.

“Dune: Part 2” compares its awe-inspiring visuals with its equally great script, with memorable lines that bring viewers into this planet on a more personal level. Along with the great script, the film has many thematic themes of destiny, and how one can follow it or create their own. The Dune franchise is a must-watch, and there’s little doubt of it not becoming a classic film for the years ahead. A third installment is currently being worked on for a script, and like how the second film was released two years later, a third is believed to be released in 2026. Dune Part 2 will leave theaters this spring, so grab your Dune-themed popcorn buckets and watch it in IMAX.

View Comments (1)
    Donate to The Sentinel Sound

Your donation will support the student journalists of Steilacoom High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.