The Student News Site of Steilacoom High School

The Sentinel Sound

The Sentinel Sound

The Sentinel Sound

Track & Field, Tennis and Baseball at State

Sarah Officer
Track and Field are celebrated during the morning State parade surrounded by their coaches, the student body and the SHS band playing in celebration.

June/State Brief

The Steilacoom Track & Field team had multiple athletes qualify for Leagues and Districts, where they fought for a spot at State. 19 of those athletes qualified and competed at the State championships at Mt. Tahoma High School this past weekend. Caleb Wilcox and Andy Glaze both took home medals after placing in their races. This season for the Track & Field team was filled with personal records, school records, and lots of medals. 

May Brief

This past weekend, the freshmen on the SHS Track & Field team competed at a Freshman Invitational at Centralia High School. The girls 4×100 team took home the gold and many other freshmen PR’d and got on the podium at the event. For the whole Track & Field team, Leagues will take place on Friday, May 10th at White River High School. Many of the Track & Field athletes will be competing at Leagues to qualify for Districts.

April Brief

The Steilacoom Track & Field team has been consistently breaking records and personal records this season. Both the girls and the boys beat their opponents in their first meet against Washington. Their next meet will be against White River and Orting on Thursday, April 18. This is the last home meet and the team will be celebrating their seniors.