The Student News Site of Steilacoom High School

The Sentinel Sound

The Sentinel Sound

The Sentinel Sound

Girls Tennis

Consistently updating scores and statistics throughout the girls tennis season.
Girls+Tennis
Sarah Wyant

May Brief

The SHS Varsity Girls Tennis team ended their season with an overall record of 10-5. Due to ending the season in the top half of the entire league, the entire varsity squad will be competing at Leagues April 8 through April 10. If the singles and doubles place in the top seven at Leagues, those players will compete at Districts April 17 and 18.

April 30, 2024

Ending off the regular season strong, the Lady Sentinels tennis team won their match against Foss High School 5-0. With a strong end to the season, the team will continue by preparing for Leagues coming up next week Wednesday-Friday.

April 28, 2024

Mackenzie Robertson ended her match against Enumclaw’s second singles to bring home the overall win for the Lady Sentinels Tennis team. Robertson played at Lakewood Racket Club this Sunday and wrapped up the match in 30 minutes.

April 25, 2024

The Lady Sentinels fell to Fife 2-3. Despite losing, Cristina Masiringizavala and Mackenzie Robertson, first and second singles, won their matches. The ladies have one more match left against Foss High School before going into leagues.

April 24, 2024

After having to pause matches twice due to rain, the Lady Sentinels had a successful match against Enumclaw High School yesterday Despite losing the first time they faced Enumclaw, the teams first singles and first doubles won their match. Mackenzie Robertson, second singles, was winning 3-1 in her third set, when the match had to be stopped due to rain and slippery conditions. Robertson’s match will be continued another time and will determine the outcome of the overall match, since it is tied 2-2 currently.

April 23, 2024

The Lady Sentinels Tennis team took home a win against Washington High School on Tuesday. Varsity won four out of five of the matches. Mackenzie Robertson, second singles, bageled her opponent in the second set and won her match 6-1 6-0. The team has two more matches this week against Enumclaw and Fife.

April Brief

The Steilacoom Girls Tennis team is currently in the middle of the pack in standings with a stat of 4-4. Against Clover Park, the varsity squad won every match, winning 5-0. With six more games left, the Lady Sentinels hope to win as many as possible to get their whole varsity squad into leagues. Their next match will be away against Enumclaw on Wednesday, April 24.