The Student News Site of Steilacoom High School

The Sentinel Sound

The Sentinel Sound

The Sentinel Sound

Best-Selling Author Marissa Meyer Visits SHS

Lindsay Webster
Literature Club President Makenzie Barber welcomes New York Times bestselling author, Marissa Meyer. Club members created and displayed foods inspired by her books such as Tea-boiled Eggs from “Cinder.”

On March 14, Literature Club hosted a book talk with author Marissa Meyer, popular for her “Lunar Chronicles” and other book series. Literature club and others not in the club were invited to sit in at Meyer’s book talk. Meyer brought her two daughters to the event and requested them to give out raffle tickets to each person. Six individuals were granted books and afterward, she signed books for people in the room.
The literature club went through a lot of effort to create a welcoming atmosphere by providing a large open space in the library and providing a long table of foods correlating to the books.
During an interview with Senior, Lola Cordero she said that “since we’ve met her before, having her come to the school was easy, and we had the resources to have much more food this time.” There were macaroons and lemon bars from “Heartless,” Tea-boiled eggs from “Cinder,” and trail mix from “Renegades.”