The Student News Site of Steilacoom High School

The Sentinel Sound

The Sentinel Sound

The Sentinel Sound

Where are your Peers Attending College?

Most Popular Universities for SHS Students
Above+is+a+graph+depicting+the+most+popular+colleges+and+universities+for+SHS+seniors.+Pierce+college+is+the+top+choice+for+the+campus+location+and+price.+
Arianna Armiger
Above is a graph depicting the most popular colleges and universities for SHS seniors. Pierce college is the top choice for the campus location and price.

As graduation season approaches, decisions on where to go to college are being made for many high school seniors. Seventy-nine SHS seniors responded to a survey asking what college they plan to attend after high school. Results show that some of the top-pick schools for Steilacoom students include the University of Washington, University of Washington Tacoma, Western Washington University, Washington State University, Bellevue College and Pierce College, which was the most selected school. According to the survey, most students plan on attending in-state universities, but some out-of-state schools seniors plan to attend include the University of Arizona and the University of Oregon. Many students also plan on enlisting in the military. The Navy, Air Force, and Army had the highest number of students who plan to enlist.